- Willis Independent School District
Football Game Tickets
Current UIL Guidelines:
As the 2020 Fall Sports season gets underway, we continue to face challenges due to COVID-19. One of the most impactful requirements for spectators will be the maximum capacity limit for athletic venues, which is currently set by the UIL at 50%. (The Governor’s announcement Sept. 17 regarding expansion to 75% does not apply to athletics at this time). In order to meet these requirements, the following procedures will be in place effective immediately.
Varsity Football Games: (Football game schedule HERE.)
- Varsity football tickets will ONLY be sold through an online ticketing system. There will not be ANY tickets for sale at the gates on game night.
- All Friday night student participants including football players, cheerleaders, dance team, band, colorguard, and JROTC will have an opportunity to purchase up to 4 tickets per student before the general public. Ticket purchasing links will be sent to the STUDENT’s school email accounts on Monday. Student participant ticket links will remain active for one full week - until the Monday before a Friday game. (First game is Oct. 2; student participants will receive the ticket link on Monday, Sept. 21, and remaining tickets will be available to the public beginning Tuesday, Sept. 29.)
- Any tickets that are not purchased by student participants will then be available for sale to the public (including employees) in a link that will be sent out by the district the Tuesday prior to a Friday game. The link will be sent to all parent emails and posted on our website and social media accounts.
- Capacities for stadiums and gyms are limited due to governor’s orders and social distancing requirements. Capacities are listed below and may change throughout the year as new guidance from UIL is received.
- As a result of the capacity limits, the UIL has lifted the ban on live streaming high school Friday football games. All games will be available via the Internet. This link will be shared when it is available.
Sub-Varsity Football (Freshman, JV and junior high); and
Volleyball (Varsity, sub-varsity and junior high)
Tickets will be for sale at the door/gate only. There will not be an online ticketing process for anything other than varsity football. Tickets will no longer be available to purchase at campuses.
Capacities by stadium/gym: Capacities for stadiums and gyms are limited due to governor’s orders and social distancing requirements. Capacities are listed below and may change throughout the year as new guidance from UIL is received.
Yates Stadium (Varsity football):
Home 1200; Visitors 680
WHS Gyms (Volleyball, Basketball):
Main Gym Home 336; Main gym visitor 336
Small gym home 160; Small gym visitor 160
Brabham Middle School - There will be additional “lawn” seating in a roped off area if you would like to bring a chair.
BMS Football: 775
BMS Main Gym: 336
BMS Small Gym: 220
Lynn Lucas Middle School
LLMS Old Gym: 243
LLMS New Gym: 215
Varsity Football (adults or students) - $8 per ticket
Sub-Varsity Football (Freshman and JV) - Adults $3; Students $2
Volleyball (Varsity and Sub-Varsity) - Adults $3; Students $2
Junior High (Football, Volleyball, Basketball) - Adults $2; Students $1
We thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter, and we thank you for your continued support for Willis WildKat and LadyKat Athletics.
*Employees: Employees will NOT receive free entry into any sporting event. Employees will need to purchase tickets through the link sent out on Tuesdays.