Willis ISD Board of Trustee Information
Anyone considering running for a position on the Willis Independent School District Board of trustees is encouraged to visit TASB'S page HERE for information about becoming a school board member.
Candidate Eligibility: An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual completes an Application for a Place on the Ballot by the deadline date and if the individual:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- Has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Has not been finally convicted of a felony;
- Has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- Is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above;
- Must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony;
- Has not been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code §43.02(b) regarding prostitution.
Texas Education Code §11.061; Texas Election Code §§11.002; 11.066; and 141.001.
Related Board Policy
Notice and Record of Meeting of Willis ISD Board of Trustees:
The second Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the Sharon Hill Jennette Administration Building in the Willis ISD Boardroom, 612 N. Campbell, Willis, Texas 77378 or as posted 72 hours prior to a change as recorded on the Board Agendas at www.willisisd.org
Questions or Additional Information:
612 N. Campbell
Willis, Texas 77378
On January 19, 2007, the Board of Trustees passed a Resolution to change the trustee election date from the May uniform election date to the November uniform election date. The Trustee elections will be held jointly with Montgomery and San Jacinto Counties in even-numbered years. Trustees serve four-year terms.
President - Kyle Hoegemeyer
Vice President - Paulett Traylor
Secretary - Chad Jones
TRUSTEE TERM DATES:Position 1 Nikita Lagway - November 2022-November 2026
Position 2 Paulett Traylor - November 2020-November 2024
Position 3 Scott Carson - November 2022-November 2026
Position 4 Kyle Hoegemeyer - November 2022-November 2026
Position 5 Cliff Williams - November 2022-November 2026
Position 6 Charles Perry, Sr. - November 2020-November 2024
Position 7 Chad Jones - Appointed to fulfill remainder of unexpired term - November 2024