Phone: 936-856-1250 x.7056
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts- History and Secondary Education- Texas Tech University, 2011 Master of Arts- History and Museum Science- Texas Tech University, 2015
Ms. Whitney Taylor
Greetings! Welcome to my webpage! My name is Whitney Taylor and I teach U.S. History Since 1877 and Dual Credit U.S. History (HIST 1301/HIST 1302) here at Willis High School. Additionally, I am the Academic UIL Current Issues and Events Coach. I am from West Texas and I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree from Texas Tech University in History and Secondary Education and a Master of Arts degree from Texas Tech University in History and Museum Science. This school year marks my 8th year in the classroom, and my 3rd year here at Willis High School. I truly love what I do and I believe that preparing students for life outside of high school and how to be productive and positive members of our society is a key to their long term success. When I am not here in the classroom or participating in school activities or events, I love to spend my time with my family across the state of Texas and I adore travelling. When I am at home, I love to spend time reading for work or for pleasure and I spend time with my 4 year old beagle-mix, named Steve.
WHS EXEMPTIONS POLICY 2018-2019
All Students are eligible for exemptions if they meet certain requirements detailed below. Teachers have discretion over which classes will have exemptions. Some classes will always take finals and teachers will have the final say. English 1, English 2, Biology, Algebra 1, and US History will not have any exemptions for the fall semester, but they are eligible for an exemption during the spring semester. Exemptions are a privilege.
Semester Grade Average and Attendance:
- Grade avg. 80 or above and 0 absences = eligible for exemption.
- Grade avg. 85 or above and no more than 1 absence = eligible for exemption.
- Grade avg. 90 or above and no more than 2 absences = eligible for exemption.
- 3 or more absences in the class = NO EXEMPTION from final in that class.
- 3 Tardies = 1 absence for determining qualification.
- Exemptions are at the discretion of the teacher even if all other qualifications have been met.
- Students meeting above requirements that have more than 2 discipline referrals must get assistant principal’s approval for exemption.
- 1 Truancy = NO EXEMPTION from any final.
- ISS assignment = NO EXEMPTION from any final
- Free of all fees, fines, and holds (cafeteria, library, textbooks, etc.)
- Students registering after the third day of a term are not eligible for final exam exemptions.
- Transfer students must provide attendance and disciplinary information from their previous school.
- Absences for school related activities do not count against the students.
Additional Guidelines to Note:
- AP/DC - students are not allowed to EXEMPT.
- **Note: Students will not be allowed to take exams early.**