The prekindergarten program is a full-year, intensive language development and early literacy program designed to give four-year old children who qualify for the program an opportunity to develop skills, concepts, and attitudes needed for school success.
A child is eligible for enrollment in free prekindergarten if the child is at least four years of age on or before September 1st and meets one of the following criteria:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language.
- Is economically disadvantaged defined by qualification for free or reduced lunch.
- Is homeless as defined by federal law.
- Is a child of an active duty member of the armed forces, state military forces, or reserve forces ordered to active duty.
- Is a child of a member of the armed forces, state military forces, or reserve forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Is or ever has been in Foster Care.
For more information contact the District PEIMS office at (936) 890-7534 or (936) 856-1210.
Application Forms: We will begin accepting applications May 7, 2018.
Complete the above application. Print the application and bring it with you to registration.
WISD Registration Information:
- To register, parent/guardian must present the following information:
- One proof of residency.
- Utility Bill - An acceptable utility bill is gas or electric bill which includes your name and physical address of the property.
- Lease Agreement - A lease agreement with your name and physical address is acceptable.
- Current immunization records. Further information regarding immunizations can be found here.
- Original driver’s license of the enrolling parent/guardian.
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's social security card
- If economically disadvantaged, please bring a paystub dated during the month.prior to enrolling your child. ex. enrolling in August, bring a July paystub
- If an active duty member of the armed forces, bring proof.
- If qualifying due to foster care placement, please bring your 2085 letter.