It’s time to register students new to Willis ISD, or students ready to begin Pre-K or Kindergarten.
STEP 1: All students must register at the appropriately zoned campus for kindergarten (at Central Admin building for Pre-K). To verify the campus you are zoned for, visit Info Finder. This system allows you to input your address and find out bus stops and times.
STEP 2: Documents listed below are required to complete the registration process.
- One proof of residency:
*Utility Bill - An acceptable utility bill is gas or electric bill which includes your name and
physical address of the property.
*Lease Agreement - A lease agreement with your name and physical address.
- Current immunization records: Further information regarding immunizations can be found here.
- Original driver’s license of the enrolling parent/guardian.
- Child's birth certificate (see directions below for obtaining a birth certificate)
- Child's social security card
- Final report card from previous school or an unofficial transcript (preferred for high school students)
- Pre-K students also need to bring proof of family income
STEP 3: Online registration: click here to begin
STEP 4: Bring all required documentation to the campus.
REGISTRATION DATES AND TIMES:
Kindergarten: April 30-May 4
Pre-K: May 7-10
To register for Kindergarten, students must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st.
To register for Pre-Kindergarten, students must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st.
Lunch Application: Click here to apply for free or reduced lunches.
**Parents can go directly to Texas.gov and order a certified birth certificate for $22, the same price as a walk-in or mail order. This easy-to-use online service is offered in English and Spanish and provides parents with a straightforward, secure option for ordering their child’s birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.