- Land acquisitions
- New elementary school (800 student capacity)
- Expansion at Brabham Middle School (add 250 student capacity)
- Add track and 4 tennis courts at Brabham
- New Career Technology Center at Willis High School (500 student capacity)
- Renovations at Willis High School
- New auditorium at Willis High School (1,000 seats)
- New Agricultural Center at Willis High School
- Expand Parent Pickup/Drop-off lanes at 4 campuses to help with traffic safety
- Install field turf at Berton A. Yates Stadium
The maximum tax rate increase would be $0.0675 per $100 valuation. Tax rate increases would be phased-in based on the timeline of selling the bonds.
A demographic study was conducted by DeskMap Systems, Inc., and presented to the district in February 2015. The study
- Indicates a 21 percent student growth from 5,700 students to 6,900 in October 2014 since the last bond election in 2006.
- Indicates a projected growth of 900 to 1,200 students over the next three years.
- Indicates that a majority of the campuses will have exceeded capacity and will have to rely on temporary buildings for classroom space within the next two to three years.
Superintendent Tim Harkrider will provide more details during various meetings to be held over the next several months.