C.C. Hardy Elementary campus wasn't always intended for little learners, but was always intended for learning.
Hardy Elementary originally opened it's doors in 1983 as a middle school, named after C.C. "Cliff" Hardy. Mr. Hardy dedicated 41 years to Willis ISD of the 57 year span he devoted to education.
Mr. Hardy began teaching in 1925, in a one-teacher school, in Karnes County.
In 1942, Mr. Hardy's Willis ISD career as a Vocational Agriculture teacher amidst World War II.
According to an article at - http://www.ci.willis.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/222/Willis-History-Timeline?bidId= -
1942 was highlighted, "As the country goes to war, Montgomery County citizens join the war efforts with scrap rubber and aluminium drives, war bond drives, blackouts and test drills, first aid training and rationing of food, gasoline and other commodities."
In 1946 he became superintendent of the Willis school district that only ran 8 school busses at the time.
In 1984, Mr. Hardy retired from public education and his era was remembered by dedicating the school after him.
Today, the school is an elementary campus that houses Kindergarten - 5th grade education.