Math Learnig Targets
August 19 - September 6
- I can compose and decompose numbers up to 100,000 as a sum of so many ten thousands, so many thousands, so many hundreds, so many tens, and so many ones using objects, pictorial models, and numbers, including expanded notation as appropriate.
- I can compare and order whole numbers up to 100,000 and represent comparisons using the symbols >,< or =.
September 10- September 30
- I can represent a number on a number line as being between two consecutive multiples of 10; 100; 1,000; or 10,000 and use words to describe relative size of numbers in order to round whole numbers.
- I can round to the nearest 10 or 100 or use compatible numbers to estimate solutions to addition and subtraction problems.
- I can solve with fluency one-step and two-step problems involving addition and subtraction within 1,000 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- I can represent one and two-step problems involving addition and subtraction of whole numbers up to 1,000 using pictorial models, number lines, and equations.
- I can determine the perimeter of a polygon.
- I can determine the value of a collection of coins and bills.