Prekindergarten Information for Parents
Welcome to PreK! We are peparing "Learners Today to be Leaders Tomorrow!"
The Willis ISD Prekindergarten and PreK Experience program provides 3 and 4 year olds the opporunity to learn, grow, develop and be "School Ready" by the time they enter Kindergarten. Our goals include developing social and emotional skills, fostering independence and instilling love of lifelong learning.
To be eligible or the Willis ISD Prekindergarten program a child must be 4 years old on or before September 1st of the school year. The child is eligible for enrolment in the PreK program if he/she meets any or all of the following criteria:
- The child is Limited English Proficiency (LEP), or
- The family meets the free/reduced lunch income eligibility guideline, or
- The family meets the criteria of "homeless", or
- The child is an active military dependent, or
- The child is or has been in foster care.
Our PreK Experience program is open to district employee 3 and 4 year old children and children with special needs such as speech, physical disability, AU, etc.
If you have any questions concerning enrollment qualifications, please conact Ana Bruce at 936-890-1400.