FIRST LEGO League Jr. (FLL Jr.) Mission Moon will be available in Willis ISD for grades 3-4* at for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Parmley (meet Thursdays after school)
- Turner (meet Thursdays after school)
- Meador (meet Thursdays after school)
*Some campuses may pilot the inclusion of 2nd grade students on teams for the 2018-2019 FIRST LEGO League Jr. competition season based on willingness of Campus Sponsor/Team Coach. One campus may pilot FIRST LEGO League on an elementary campus so as to include an option for 5th grade, based on willingness and availability of Campus Sponsor/Team Coach.
Campus Team Applications
Wildkat Robotiks would like to thank the following entities for supporting us financially through grants, and donations.
FIRST Lego League Jr (FLL Jr.) Sponsors:
- LEGO Foundation Grant (financial sponsor for LEGO WeDo kits, LEGO building materials, 10 Chrome Books, and team registration costs for year 1 of a three-year grant)
- Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District (financial sponsor for FLL Jr. teams, as well as providing groundwater conservation education relating to the FLL Jr. Aqua Adventure project)
- Willis ISD Education Foundation (financial sponsor to fund the expansion of the Wildkat Robotiks FIRST Robotics program on all Willis campuses through the purchase of necessary technology to run robotics software; programs affected include: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge, and in the future, FIRST Robotics Challenge)
About the FLL Jr. Program:
FIRST LEGO League Jr. (FLL Jr.) is a non-profit organization devoted to helping young people ages 6-10 discover and develop a passion for science, technology, engineering and math. Participants will learn how to master skills and concepts to aid in learning science and technology through innovative projects, teamwork and robotics competition, while learning valuable life skills. For more basic info about FLL Jr., please visit http://firstlegoleaguejr.org/