- Mindful Monday - Body Scan
- A body scan helps to become connected to the sensations throughout your body. Start at your toes and notice what you feel, then slowly move up your body until you reach the top of your head. If this activity becomes triggering, focus on a neutral part of the body like the tip of your nose, elbows, fingertips, bellybutton, etc.
- Take a Break Tuesday - Take a break from social media and non school or work electronics all day!
- Wellness Wednesday - Go on a nature walk - no electronic devices!
- Green reminds us of spring and, therefore, new beginnings. It brings feelings of calm anticipation and hope and it has a soothing and relaxing effect on the body as well as the mind.
- The colors blue and green have been proven better at lowering blood pressure and heart rate.
- Thoughtful Thursday - Write down all your worries and stressors - Which are in your control? Which ones can you cut out?
- Fun Friday - Put on some music and dance!
- Gratitude Saturday - Create a social media post for a person you are grateful for.
- Senses Sunday - 5-4-3-2-1 Technique
- This mindfulness technique can be used anywhere, anytime. Start with some deep breaths and begin to find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can feel, 3 things you can hear, two things you can smell, and one thing you can taste. Doing this can create distance from unpleasant feelings or sensations.
- Mindful Monday - Starfish breathing
- Trace each finger. Inhale as you trace up, pause, exhale as you move down. Do this with your whole hand!
- Take a Break Tuesday - Go to bed earlier than you usually do! If you have trouble falling asleep use sleep sounds or meditation.
- Wellness Wednesday - When stressed try - 20 jumping jacks, 15 squats, 10 lunges, 5 push ups
- Thoughtful Thursday - Write a list of coping skills & display them somewhere you can see them
- Fun Friday - Find something that makes you laugh
- Gratitude Saturday - Write down 3 things you are grateful for
- Senses Sunday - Felt Sense Vocabulary
- This vocabulary list is meant to help describe specific sensations in your body by using neutral descriptive words instead of unpleasant terms such as “stabbing” or “excruciating”. By using words from the felt sense vocabulary list, it is easier to simply observe the sensations without getting overwhelmed by them.
- Mindful Monday - Play the sound game
- Listen to the world around you. Identify eight sounds you hear, either from inside your body, in the room, or somewhere in the distance.
- Take a Break Tuesday - COLOR!
- Wellness Wednesday - Do some stretches before bed
- Thoughtful Thursday - Give someone a compliment about who they are as a person (highlight their uniqueness & inner qualities)
- Fun Friday - Get some friends together and create pet cactus rocks
- Gratitude Saturday - Write a thank you note to someone you care about & give it to them.
- Senses Sunday - Ground yourself using each of the 5 senses
- Mindful Monday - Mindful Eating
- Eating is often a rushed, mindless activity that provides us with just enough fuel to complete our next task. It is also often used to numb or distract us from unpleasant emotions. Alternatively, mindful eating is a process that helps us to slow down and truly enjoy the process of nourishing our bodies.
- Take a Break Tuesday - Make music work for you!! Make or find a playlist of songs that are relaxing and easy to listen to. They don't have to only be classical or instrumental music either. These songs should help refocus your thoughts — the genre is up to you.
- Wellness Wednesday - Take time to eat a fruit or vegetable you like - focus on your body's health today!
- Thoughtful Thursday - Practice forgiveness. What is something you can let go of? Who is someone you can forgive?
- Fun Friday - Have a game night with friends or family
- Gratitude Saturday - Who is your support system? Tell those people why you appreciate them!
- Senses Sunday - Ground your feet
- Place your feet flat on the ground — (even if you’re sitting). Inhale for three seconds, then exhale for three seconds. Concentrate on your breathing and your connection to the floor beneath your feet.
- Mindful Monday - Try out an app with guided meditations and talks.
- Take a Break Tuesday - How to take effective breaks (and be more productive)
- Wellness Wednesday - Try yoga!! - Yoga has been proven to have great mental health benefits
- Mindful Monday - Body Scan