Employee Covid Reporting
Please contact our District Leave Clerk, Ashley Romagus to report your positive test results.
In accordance with new CDC guidelines released December 27, 2021, Willis ISD is updating quarantine and isolation guidelines for Willis ISD employees. As a district, we will continue to follow the CDC Guidelines.
Please continue to immediately report to HR and your principal / supervisor if you have tested positive for COVID. Be prepared for us to ask follow-up questions like when your symptoms began, what was the date of the positive test (and send a copy), are you fully vaccinated, what was the date of the last shot in the series you took (Moderna, J&J, Pfizer), are you boosted.
Once we have that information, we will provide you with timelines based on the new CDC guidance. Any written doctor orders will supersede our timelines.
Below are the new guidelines we will follow:
If you test positive, the following is for everyone, regardless of vaccination status
- Immediately contact HR
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can return to work.
- HR and your supervisor must be informed if symptoms are still prevalent on day five.
- Wear a mask around others for 5 additional days after isolation ends.
- HR will provide your timelines via email.
- If a doctor indicates a longer time frame, it will supersede the district’s timeline.
Individuals must be fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication before returning to school/work (COVID-related or otherwise).
Individuals must be diarrhea free for at least 24 hours without the use of diarrhea-suppressing medications before returning to school/work (COVID-related or otherwise).
For your understanding of what you need to do if you know you were in close contact with someone who is positive for COVID.
Scenario 1 - If you have been boosted OR completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months OR the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
- If you develop symptoms, get a test and stay home.
Scenario 2 - If you completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR are unvaccinated
- Stay home for 5 days. After that, continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible.
In either scenario, if you develop symptoms, get a test, stay home, and contact HR.