Thank you for your interest in Volunteering/Observing in Willis ISD.
Effective 5/5/2022 applications to volunteer in the 2021-22 school year, will not be accepted. Please check back after July 15, 2022 for the volunteer application for the 2022-23 school year.
Procedure for Volunteer Approval
- Each person shall be approved by the office of Human Resources prior to volunteering at a school building, event, field trip or any related WISD activity.
- Observation students will follow the same process of approval as volunteers.
- Volunteers must fill out a volunteer application online. When applying, be sure to indicate every campus you are interested in volunteering at.
- In accordance with the Texas Education Code, Section 22.083, Willis ISD may obtain criminal history record information on an individual who has indicated, in writing, an intention to serve as a volunteer. By submitting the volunteer application, you give WISD written consent to run a criminal history check using your name and other identifiers. The information obtained is strictly confidential and will be processed through the Willis ISD Human Resources Office.
- Campus principals and their designated campus volunteer coordinator will be notified of approved volunteers.
- Volunteers must receive approval each school year.
- You can check your volunteer status by logging back into the volunteer/observation application.
Use the web browser Google Chrome when applying.
Note: Due to the high volume of approvals, WISD suggests applications be turned in two weeks prior to the event at which you want to volunteer.
- A good volunteer is consistent, dependable, interested in making a difference, respectful and appreciative of teachers and students, and faithful to commitments.
- Volunteers should dress neatly and in accordance to the dress policy for the campus.
- Volunteers should consider things seen and heard at school confidential.
- While volunteering during school hours, it is not permitted to pop in unexpectedly in your child’s classroom.