Advanced Academics News
If you missed the WHS Advanced Academics meeting on 01/27/2020, here is the slideshow and contact information shared.
AP Exam NEWS
On Friday, 03/20/2020, College Board announced updates to this year's AP Exams.
Your AP teacher at Willis High School will also continue instruction of their curriculum with you through online learning platforms and will be in touch with you concerning course work at WHS, below are updated iniformation from College Board about exams, content, and available resources.
- On Friday, 03/20/2020, College Board announced updates to this year's AP Exams.
- Students can take a 45-minute open note online exam at home using any device (Computer, ChromeBook, Tablet, or smartphone); please let your AP teacher know if you don't have access to any of these
- The exam will only include topics and skills most AP teachers and students have already covered in class by early March; Beginning March 25, students will have access to free, live AP review lessons, delivered by master AP teachers from across the country. The lessons will focus on reviewing the skills and concepts from the first 75% of the course. The link for the lessons is HERE.
- Specific test dates and the free-response question types will be posted on AP by April 3.
- College Board will unlock any relevant free-response questions in AP Classroom for digital use so students may access all practice questions of the type that will appear on the exam.
- There will be 2 different testing dates that will be announced; student may choose their date; work with your AP Teacher on their suggestion as to the date you should select
- AP will continue to support students with free resources through exam day on AP Classroom. While we encourage students to wait until close to the test date to decide, any student already registered for an exam can choose to cancel at no charge.
Above are the major points we wanted you to know. You may view the full information shared by College Board HERE.
Willis HS students REGISTER for AP Exams HERE (deadline to register is 11/14/19 for all exams except AP Macroeconomics which has a deadline of 03/12/20); the deadline to pay for exam balances is 03/12/2020)
GT Family Education & Advocacy:
- Willis ISD is in the process of forming a GT Family Education & Advocacy group; if you are interested in participating, please complete this form.
- Join educators and families from Conroe, Magnolia, Montgomery, Tomball, and Willis ISDs at periodic events to learn and advocate for the needs of gifted and talented students.
- For more information, visit the Multi-District GT Coop information Page
Referral for Assessment
- The Gifted/Talented Assessment & Identification process will continue when we return to campuses. Adjustments to the G/T Assessment will continue to be posted on the Willis ISD Advanced Academics website as updates are available.
- Referrals for GT assessment for the 2019-2020 school year should be made to your child's campus counselor or to Amy Rogers (District Advanced Academics Coordinator); Forms are available from your campus counselor or online HERE.
- Referrals for NEW transfer students can occur throughout the year, however, assessment occurs at three specified times per year.
- Fall - Out of District GT Transfer students only (as needed should sending district criteria not matching WISD)
- Winter - Kinder Only
- late Winter/early Spring - Grades 1+
- Information regarding the referral process, how students are assessed, and how students are served in Willis ISD (see attached slideshow below).