Attached below is the 2017 Southeast 6 Regional DI Competition Schedule, as it pertains to the 8 Willis ISD DI Teams:
This year at both the elementary and the middle school levels some campuses will be offering an optional, after-school club for identified Gifted & Talented students in grades 4-8 called Destination Imagination (DI). At this time, the DI Program will be available on three elementary campuses (Parmley, C.C. Hardy, and Meador) and both Middle School campuses (Lucas and Brabham), based on volunteer teacher club sponsorship as team manager.
The coaches & challenges at this time are:
- Lucas - Harper & Chavez - Scientific "Top Secret" [middle]
- Brabham - Atkinson - Scientific "Top Secret" [middle]
- Brabham - Gilliland - Fine Arts "Vanished" [middle]
- Hardy - Longwood - Scientific "Top Secret" [elementary]
- Meador - Cone - Scientific "Top Secret" [elementary]
- Meador - Robinson - Improvisation "3 Peat" [elementary]
- Parmley - Schultz - Fine Arts "Vanished!" [elementary]
- Parmley - Brown - Fine Arts "Vanished" [elementary]
For more information on DI, please see the links below.
We have DI teams at both Lynn Lucas and Brabham middle schools, as well as teams developing at three of the elementary schools.
These teams will competed in an interdisciplinary competition against more than 150 teams from other schools in our region on February 18, 2017. Last year, the three teams from Lynn Lucas and Brabham Middle Schools competed in the Fine Arts, Structural, and Technical Divisions. Overall the teams finished 7th, 7th, and 6th at in their age and category division. Way to go Willis ISD DI!
Teams meet one to two days per week immediately after dismissal with a teacher as a volunteer group facilitator to work on both team building activities, team instant challenges, Improvisation theater, and research/practice for competitions.
We parent mentors often, so if you have a passion for engineering, construction, theater, or art, or anything else and would like to help, please let me know ASAP.