UPDATE 09/22/17 - DI teams/students should have been notified of team selections at this point - and we have grown, rather than the anticipated 9 teams for 2017-2018, we have expanded to 13 teams!
DI Team Managers, challenges, and meeting days/times are listed below.
Should you have questions or concerns, contact your child's team manager.
For general Willis DI Updates, join our Remind group. Simply text the message @willisd to 81010.
WHS: G. Hourahan & A. Shelly; Challenge: Unlikely Attraction; meetings Tuesday & Thursday during "Advisory" period, 9:04am-9:37am beginning 09/26
- R. Atkinson: Challenge: Unlikely Attraction; meetings Fridays 2:50pm-4:20pm beginning 09/29
- J. Gilliland: Challenge: Change of Tune; meetings Thursdays 2:50-4:00 beginning 09/28
- M. Pedrami and L. Shoemaker: Challenge: Inside Impace; meetings 2:50-4:00 beginning 10/5
- K. Harper and H. Chavez: Challenge: TBD; meetings Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:50-4:30 beginning 09/26
- M. Sanchez: Challenge: TBD; meetings Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:50-4:30 beginning 09/26
- N. Clark and C. Jeffcoat: Challenge: Change of Tune; meetings Thursdays 3:45-5:00 beginning TBD
- D. Epple: Challenge: Maze Craze; meetings Thursdays 3:45-5:00 beginning TBD
CCH: L. Buell and J. Jacobs: Challenge: Change of Tune; meetings Wednesdays 4:05-5:05 beginning 10/4
MES: A. Robinson; Challenge: Treasure; meetings Thursdays 3:45-5:15 beginning 09/28
PES: D. Sheldon; Challenges: Maze Craze and Drop Zone; meetings Tuesdays 3:45-5:00 beginning 09/26
Destination Imagination Team Application - CLICK HERE - due no later than Thursday, September 7, 2017 by 5pm. Students selected for the team will be notified by September 13, 2017.
Destination Imagination Student & Family Information Night
08/24/17 6pm-7pm at LLMS Auditorium - 1304 N. Campbell St., Willis, TX 77378
General Program Information:
For the 2017-2018 school year, the DI Program will be available on all campuses for GT students in grades 4-12 (Parmley, Hardy, Cannan,Turner, and Meador, Lucas, Brabham and Willis High School). Availability and number of teams per campus is based on volunteer teacher sponsorship as team manager and team size is limited by the Destination Imagination organization to a max of 7 students.
Teams meet one to two days per week immediately after dismissal with a teacher as a volunteer group facilitator to work on both team building activities, team instant challenges, Improvisation theater, and research/practice for competitions.
We welcome parent mentors or co-team managers, so if you have a passion for engineering, construction, theater, art, any special skill and would like to help, please let me know ASAP.
For more information on DI, please see the links below.