Procedure for Volunteer Approval
- Each person shall be approved by the office of Human Resources prior to volunteering at a school building, event, field trip or any related WISD activity.
- Pick up and submit your completed volunteer application at the campus at which you would like to volunteer.
- In accordance with the Texas Education Code, Section 22.083, Willis ISD may obtain criminal history record information on an individual who has indicated, in writing, an intention to serve as a volunteer. By signing the volunteer application, you give WISD written consent to run a criminal history check using your name and other identifiers. The information obtained is strictly confidential and will be processed through the Willis ISD Human Resources Office.
- Campus principals and their designated campus volunteer coordinator will be notified of approved volunteers.
- Volunteers must receive approval each calendar year.
Note: Due to high volume of approvals, WISD suggests applications be turned in two weeks prior to the event at which you want to volunteer.
- A good volunteer is consistent, dependable, interested in making a difference, respectful and appreciative of teachers and students, and faithful to commitments.
- Volunteers should dress neat and in accordance to the dress policy for the campus.
- Volunteers should consider things seen and heard at school confidential.
- While volunteering during school hours, it is not permitted to pop in unexpectedly in your child’s classroom.