Texas Education Code §39.0545, as passed by the 83rd Texas legislature, requires Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to complete district and individual campus evaluations in the area of community and student engagement. Eight categories consisting of components chosen by each LEA are to be evaluated. LEAs shall use criteria developed by a local committee to assign the district and each campus a performance rating of Exemplary, Recognized, Acceptable, or Unacceptable.
The following eight categories must be evaluated and reported to the Texas Education Agency by August 8 of each year:
• Fine Arts
• Wellness and Physical Education
• Community and parental Involvement
• 21st Century Workforce Development
• Second Language Acquisition Program
• The Digital learning Environment
• Dropout Prevention and Strategies
• Gifted and Talented Programs
Plans and reports are shown below.